You were the light of the sun through the window of hope,
You were the condoling winds of my only beach to cope,
Taking no notice of the blessings in front of your very eyes,
"Because disappointment stems from expectation," the voice of fear cries,
I actually I didn’t know it then, but I now have come to know,
That the price of the ticket is never worth the show,
The cost of the speeding game is never worth the rush,
The clamor of the chaos is never worth the hush,
The late night hours are never worth the pay,
The affluence of tangibility is never worth the day,
The precision of an artist is never worth the painting,
The racial upbringings of us all is never worth the hating,
The controversial debates are never worth the victory,
The efforts to benefit mankind are never worth the history,
The fragile development of a rose is never worth the sight,
& The majestic endeavor of the sun is never worth the light,
But more than anything I can name, one truth will always remain,
The gaze I thought I had for you, was never worth the pain,
And to think you were a bit worth me is really, quite a shame.
